Friday, September 3, 2021

Common Art: Week 01 - Use of Basic Shapes


Common Art: Week 01 - Use of Basic Shapes

For this week's assignment, we designed creatures and monsters based off of the basic shapes: circles, squares, and triangles. For my circle creature, I created a Baby Cthulu monster that I tried to make as round, friendly, and cute as possible, despite being a primordial elder god. For my square creature, I made what I call a Plague Wraith, inspired by plague doctors and Dark Souls bosses, with a distinct mask, as well as a sturdy stature, and staff that contrasts their ghostly visage. For my triangle creature, I created a Lightning Dragon inspired by Shenron from Dragonball, Haku from Spirited Away, Rayquaza from Pokemon, and electric eels. I had fun creating fantastical sharp angles and attempting to create a creature that really encapsulates lightning. The overall art style was inspired by Darkest Dungeon and Hades, with distinct line art, as well as shading and coloring with more emphasis on style than realism.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sprint #5 Delivery

For this turn in I replaced my old fog media player textures with a more dynamic fog floor material with panning textures and waves, as well...